Gear I Use - Home Office Setup
This page is inspired by an episode of the Syntax FM podcast - Our Office Setups (Gotta Get the Gear) where Wes Bos and Scott Tolinkski detail their setups including links to their own page which they update periodically, Scott Uses and Wes Uses.
If you like podcasts, check out the podcasts I listen to.
Editor and Terminal
I have a custom built PC which I've been running since 2013 - though I have updated the SSD and video card. Current specs
- SSD Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal
Crucial MX300 275GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
- Graphics Card ASUS Radeon RX 560 14CU 4GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 DirectX 12 (feature level 11_0) 2GB
- Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77
- CPU Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core 3.4GHz
16GB32GB DDR3 Ram
- Power Supply CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
- Computer Case NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
- I use a Drobo 5N as my NAS - won this in a twitter contest a few years ago.
- I use the Yeti Blue microphone for Zoom and similar conference calls.
- Monitor 1 LG 34" Curved Ultra Wide 34UC88-B.AUS
- Monitor 2 LG 27UD58-B 27" 4K UHD
- Monitor Arm Mount-It! Single Monitor Arm
- Webcam Full HD 1080P Webcam papalook
- Printer HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
- Desk Darroll L-Shape Corner Desk
- Paper Shredder Concept Solutions 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- VOIP Magic Jack a low cost phone line for clients to call and comes with an app for my cell.
I recently, July 2018, painted my office and replaced my desk. You can see this in the hero image above. I work in my basement home office with no natural light so I chose a color to brighten up the room and help me stay motivated and focused. So far 1 month post painting, I continue to walk into the office look around and smile.
Fisheye lens two angles of the home office