Gear I Use - Home Office Setup
This page is inspired by an episode of the Syntax FM podcast - Our Office Setups (Gotta Get the Gear) where Wes Bos and Scott Tolinkski detail their setups including links to their own page which they update periodically, Scott Uses and Wes Uses.
If you like podcasts, check out the podcasts I listen to.
Editor and Terminal
I have a custom built PC assembled January 2021
- Motherboard - MSI Meg X570 Unify
- CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (planned to get a Ryzen 5600x but due supply issues settled)
- CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U9S chromax.Black
- RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 3600
- Graphics Card - ASUS Radeon RX 560 14CU 4GB - cannibalized from previous system due to parts shortage
- PSU - Corsair RM Series, RM650, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified
- M.2 NVME SSD - Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe
- 3 case fans - ARCTIC P12 120mm
- Case - Corsair 4000D Airflow
Plus two 3TB HDDs and a 500mb SSD from my previous build.
- I use a Synology Diskstation DS918+ as my NAS.
- I use the Yeti Blue microphone for Zoom and similar conference calls.
- Monitor 1 LG 34" Curved Ultra Wide 34UC88-B.AUS
- Monitor 2 LG 27UD58-B 27" 4K UHD
- Monitor Arm Mount-It! Single Monitor Arm
- Webcam NexiGo FHD USB Web Camera
- Printer HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
- Desk Darroll L-Shape Corner Desk
- Paper Shredder Concept Solutions 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- VOIP Magic Jack a low cost phone line for clients to call and comes with an app for my cell.
I recently, July 2018, painted my office and replaced my desk. You can see this in the hero image above. I work in my basement home office with no natural light so I chose a color to brighten up the room and help me stay motivated and focused. So far 1 month post painting, I continue to walk into the office look around and smile.
Fisheye lens two angles of the home office